Ingredients (might not be the best from a culinary point of view but these are readly available at my local supermarket)
Fairprice prepacked streaky bacon
knorr chicken stock cube
barilla n5 spaghetti
- Dice onion, bacon and garlic finely
- Deseed chilli padi and slice finely
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt generously
- Portion out the dry spaghetti
- Add EVOO to a pan on low heat.
- Once oil is hot/warm, add onions, bacon, garlic and chilli
- Place spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally in the first minute
- When the onions have released most of their water and are soft, add in parsley, oregano and thyme. Crumble in the stock cube and mix well
- Once pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to pan with bacon onion mixture
- Toss until flavors are combined
Room for exploration
- Would crispy bacon bits improve this dish?